OFFICE ADMINSTRATOR/ OFFICE MANAGER
Post Date: July 31, 2023
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Vancouver, BC
Equilibrium Consulting Inc. is an award-winning mid-sized consulting structural engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Eric Karsh founded the practice in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, particularly those utilizing timber construction.
Equilibrium has ambitious plans for the future and has recently expanded internationally by opening offices in Atlanta, GA and Paris, FR. We strive to have an open and collaborative culture that fosters creativity and provides opportunities for our employees.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an Office Administrator/ Office Manager to support our team and play a major role in achieving the anticipated growth of the company. As a dynamic small-medium sized office, we are looking for a candidate who is willing to take on a variety of tasks, learn new things, and grow with the company. While previous experience in a similar role, particularly with an architecture or engineering firm, is desirable, adaptability and a positive attitude are equally important.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Support the day-to-day requirements of the team and act as the “go-to” person for all administrative tasks such as filing, ordering supplies and record keeping.
– Maintain the general email accounts and main office phone line.
– Manage applications and renewals for leadership team’s and company’s engineering and business licenses.
– Research, book, and manage employee travel arrangements.
– Arrange activities, meetings, and events, both internal and external.
– Assist with writing and formatting reports, letters, proposals, presentations and documents.
– Support expense and timesheet processing.
– Maintain up-to-date information in CRM and Project Databases.
– Maintain employee personnel files.
– Assist hiring manager with recruiting processes.
– Act as “go-to” person for internal HR needs and liaise with HR consultant.
– Assist accounting department with preparation and sending of invoices, AR, depositing cheques etc.
– Assist with maintaining website and social accounts.
– Assist in preparation of project proposals, resumes, project cut sheets etc.
– Boost team culture, positive vibes and the coordination of social events.
– Enthusiasm to learn, adapt, and grow with the company.
– Minimum of 2+ years (4+ preferred) of professional experience, preferably in the A/E industry.
– Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
– Ability to effectively prioritize workflow and multi-task.
– Strong organization and time management skills.
– Proficiency in MS Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
– Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, especially inDesign, is an asset.
– Experience in proposal writing and creation of visual assets is an asset.
– Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality.
– Valid work status in Canada.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
– Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
– Performance bonuses.
– Retirement savings plan matching.
– Extended health benefits contribution.
– Healthy and flexible vacation policy.
– Annual adventure bonus (please ask about this).
– Pet-friendly office environment.
– Personal wellbeing and health support, including use of our in-house climbing / bouldering wall!
All applicants should submit a CV and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.