INTERMEDIATE / SENIOR ENGINEER – ATLANTA
Post Date: December 21, 2023
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Atlanta, GA
EQUILIBRIUM is an award-winning mid-sized consulting Structural Engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. Equilibrium was founded in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, sustainably-oriented construction, and particularly projects utilizing timber construction.
While still based in Vancouver, BC, we are growing our presence in the US and France with our offices in Atlanta, GA and Paris respectively.
We have several exciting projects on the go in the US including an 862-bed residence hall at Georgia Tech, a dining hall at Stephen F. Austin University, ongoing work on a grant-funded research project, and many more.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious structural engineer with 5+ years of experience to join our growing team in the US.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
– Perform structural analysis and develop designs from concept through construction with the support of the Equilibrium team.
– Communicate your designs to our drafting team and coordinate the development of structural BIM models and drawings.
– Manage your own projects and work as part of a wider team on larger projects.
– Have active involvement in design coordination with other consultants, contractors, suppliers, and stakeholders for your projects.
– Have the opportunity to participate in internal committees (sustainability, technical standards, social, etc.) that help to foster your growth and keep Equilibrium on the leading edge.
– An opportunity to be involved with business development and help grow the Atlanta office and US operations.
– Exact responsibilities will be dependent on experience level.
– Bachelor’s Degree from a Civil/Structural Engineering program required. Master’s degree preferred.
– Licensed Engineer in the US (PE or SE) or ability to gain license within 12 months of starting the role.
– Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a similar role.
– Interest in mass timber. Mass timber experience a bonus.
– Interest in embodied carbon and minimizing the climate impact of structural design.
– Seismic analysis and design experience an asset.
– Quality written and verbal communication skills.
– Experience with structural analysis software such as RFEM, RSTAB, ETABS, GSA, Tedds, RAM etc.
– Valid work status in the US.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
Equilibrium is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
– Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
– Performance bonuses.
– Retirement savings plan – immediate eligibility.
– Competitive health benefits.
– Three weeks minimum PTO for all employees.
– Annual adventure bonus (ask us about this).
– Continuing education allowance.
All applicants should submit a resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.