Post Date: February 2, 2024
Close Date: Open until filled
Location: Vancouver, BC
Equilibrium Consulting is looking for an Associate Technician / Technologist to join our team in Vancouver.
EQUILIBRIUM is an award-winning mid-sized consulting Structural Engineering firm working on a diverse range of ambitious projects both locally and internationally. EQUILIBRIUM was founded in Vancouver in 1998 with a focus on progressive and innovative building projects, sustainability-oriented construction, and particularly projects utilizing timber construction.
While still based in Vancouver, BC, we are growing our presence in the US and France with our offices in Atlanta, GA and Paris respectively.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Technician / Technologist to manage and grow our drafting and BIM department across the entire company. The role provides the opportunity to work on our most high-profile projects around the world, while also working directly alongside the management team, providing an opportunity for long-term career development within our growing company.
WHAT YOU’LL GET UP TO
• Serve as drafting and BIM lead on our most high-profile projects.
• Establish and implement best practice drafting and BIM Standards across the company.
• Establish protocols and provide ongoing support for budgeting projects from a drafting and BIM perspective.
• Create and oversee structural BIM models (LOD 300+) and construction documents for a variety of building types using Revit/AutoCAD.
• Develop structural engineer’s concepts and sketches into accurate models and drawings, with a clear understanding of how to organize drawing sets in compliance with our drawing standards.
• Participate in coordination with the consultant team, client, and other project stakeholders to ensure delivery of fully coordinated models and documents.
• Maintain clean and organized Revit and AutoCAD files, ensuring ease of navigate and ability to access and modify information.
• Conduct quality reviews and lead the management of project models and drawings and models to ensure quality of work produced for the team.
• Troubleshoot problems that arise within the rapidly changing digital coordination environment.
• Develop and maintain client relationships.
• Act as a role model and mentor for other team members, demonstrating alignment with firm values and professional standards as well as overseeing the work of the rest of the drafting department.
• Oversee the growth of the drafting team, including training, mentoring, recruitment and setting priorities and areas of development with senior management.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or Certificate in Civil/Structural drafting or technology from an accredited University or Technical College.
• Located in Vancouver or willing to relocate.
• Valid work status in Canada.
• Min 10 years of experience producing structural drawings, specifically building designs.
• Min 8 years Revit experience on structural projects (modeling, drawing development, BIM, family creation inclusive)
• Technically proficient in AutoCAD, Microsoft Office, and Windows.
• Knowledge of Bluebeam.
• Sound knowledge of timber, steel, concrete, and hybrid construction.
• Min 5 years of experience leading a team and/or training staff.
• Ability to work and lead a team in a collaborative environment across multiple locations.
• Disciplined work ethic with great attitude and energy.
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects and teams concurrently.
• Organized, self-motivated, pro-active, detail-oriented, and willing to take on new challenges.
• Problem-solver and critical thinker.
• A desire to partake in business development and relationship building with Clients.
• Fast learner who can communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to coordinate with internal staff and Clients.
• Ability to provide feedback and training to team members.
• Dependable and willing to work extra hours when required (noting that at Equilibrium we take pride in our culture and ability to maintain a good work life balance).
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes or experience producing manufacturing shop drawings (an asset but not required).
• Knowledge of Dynamo, Grasshopper, Navisworks, or other parametric or coordination tools (an asset but not required).
• Experience in Excel operating and programming (an asset but not required).
• Parametric modelling experience (an asset but not required).
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT EQUILIBRIUM
EQUILIBRIUM is an equal opportunity employer. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience and ability including:
• Opportunities for career progression in a growing company.
• Performance bonuses.
• Retirement savings plan matching.
• Extended health benefits contribution.
• Healthy and flexible vacation policy.
• Annual adventure bonus (please ask about this).
• Pet-friendly office environment.
• Personal wellbeing and health support, including use of our in-house climbing / bouldering wall!
• Chef-cooked lunch at the office 2x per week.
• Healthy Social culture including yearly summer weekend away, ski trips and many more.
All applicants should submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the job title in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.